Friday, December 14, 2007

MOODS


When I am in a bad mood I think of this:
A long time ago I read an article about monthly mood swings and whether men had a cycle similar to what they had found for women. The rating system was a scale of five:

1) totally depressed and crappy :-((
2) not having a good day :-(
3) it’s OK :-]
4) pretty nice day :-)
5) cloud nine :-))
The rating was done three times a day: morning, afternoon and evening.

I was interested in the question and decided to try it out for myself. I rated for about six months and didn’t find any discernible lunar influence, but I found another thing. I worked out my average rate and it was exactly 3.0. I was pleasantly surprised; there had been some bleak times and I didn’t expect to come out OK average. It strengthened my belief in a natural balance in things.

I think that if I did such a survey today, I would again come out very close to average 3, but there would be way less ups and downs.


No comments: