Friday, November 09, 2007

BLOGGING

With blogging I ventured into virtual reality, the land of fantasy and the miracle of world wide communication, and it opened up a new world, whose existence I had had no idea about.
It also takes a lot of time! I am impressed with the amount of work my blogger-friends are putting in and I love the openness and kindness, the sharing and giving, that I have met on the net.
Being retired (from what?) and living in good health on an adequate pension, I have lots of time - but still not enough time for everything: visiting the whole line of links, commenting, hunting for, or creating, new material. I am so slow.

I have two blogs; this one, with less than 100 hits per day, and BOYS I LIKE, which is of special interest to gay men and has 3800-4200 daily hits. I am sometimes tempted to try to manipulate the visitors from BOYS I LIKE and send them here where the theme is more eclectic in order to connect on a deeper level. On the other hand, I believe that connections come about naturally by the force of who we are and where we are. Because the internet is a net, each point will naturally connect to a point nearby, and in the virtual realm ‘nearby’ means of similar mind, of similar purpose, united in spirit.
I don’t believe in coincidence.

My view of the world is not original, but it is confirmed by experience, and as far as expressing it, it is done with logic so universal that it embraces the seemingly illogical.
Anything is possible!
My belief is the opposite of fanatic, and it reconciles all conflicts in the unity of Spirit. It is simply the belief that everything IS Spirit, the belief that the primal stuff, that science is pursuing with a unified theory, IS Spirit.
Science calls it energy, but the ultimate question is: what is the character of this energy? Is it blind or is it ‘Being, Awareness, Bliss’ as the Hindus say? I cannot see how awareness and consciousness could arise out of simple multiplication of blind energies. Awareness must be inherent in the primal energy and that’s the reason I name it Spirit.

This is really Animism, the earliest man’s knowledge and belief. Millions of years they lived and handled the world from this knowledge and only for a fraction of humanity’s stay on earth has the growth of greed transformed the earth and now threatens to destroy it. The only thing that can save us now is love, pure love that is equal for all creation, because love is the actualization of our unity in Spirit.

This is my hobbyhorse! In Denmark we say ‘ride sin kæphest’, ride one’s stick-horse; I don’t know if ‘hobbyhorse’ calls up that same image. Anyway, I digress; I don’t believe that happenings are fortuitous. I think that what we get in life is what we need and what we deserve. The only sin is to forget the pure love due to unity.

“When you are happy I am happy; that’s the formula. First you, then me! That’s all happiness is; it’s just the heart being free.” Said Sakyong Mipham Rimpoche.

Did I get off the subject of blogging?
Not really.
For me blogging means putting the cards on the table, show who you are and connect with those of the same mind.

No comments: