Sunday, January 07, 2007

My Corner

I love the beginning of the year. All the hulabaloo is over, things are getting on track; the light is coming back. It was a brilliant day today, warm and sunny. I went out bicycling twice but there wasn't much happening. When 4:20 came around I had already smoked a pipe and started painting, taking up the thread from, maybe, two years ago. Working on half done things.
When I go to the kitchen to get a plate, I think:

I am in a movie where I am spectator, actor, and director - and I hope: screenwriter too, but the script, I don’t know wherefrom it came.
How is this movie? Apart from the beauty, is it good? Is it the best I can do?

Maybe there is something in this allegory? I write it down on the computer.
Oh! My computer! What a toy for an old man.
Not so much running around, but the world at my fingertips. At least, the amazing blogger world. So, hey, I took some stills, like this of my corner:

1 comment:

FletcherBeaver said...

What a gorgeous corner. Soft and strong.